Online Commissioning: What do you need to know?
At Walk-In Notary, we try to make your experience as easy and quick as possible. That’s why we have a number of walk-in locations conveniently located across the province. No appointment is ever required for our walk-in service. Simply visit one of our locations, notify the receptionist that you would like to visit with the Notary Public and we will take care of the rest. Our in-person service can help you obtain your notarized document in minutes, therefore, it is the quickest and easiest way to get your document notarized.
But we understand that sometimes you can’t attend one of our offices. We try to make our service accessible to anyone, regardless of their location. Our online service makes this easy. We know that not everyone has experience with video conferences or digital documents, so we walk you through the process with step by step instructions.
What do you need to know about our online services?
- What is required to access the service? To access the service, you will need to have internet access, a computer (or smartphone) with a camera and microphone, an email address, and the ability to pay with either an e-transfer or credit card.
- How do I start the process? Simply email us at email@example.com. We will give you instructions on how to proceed.
- What are the ID requirements? As we are dealing remotely, we take extra precautions to ensure that we meet the highest standards of professional responsibility and security. For this reason, we will ask that you provide us with two (2) pieces of valid government issued identification (at least one piece must be a photo ID). Don’t worry, we never share your information or documents with anyone without your written consent.
- How is the document commissioned? Simply send us a Word or PDF document that requires signing. That document will be uploaded, and formatted for commissioning, through an online signing platform. You will be securely sent the digital (password protected) version of your document. You will sign the document during a video meeting with the Notary Public. After payment is received, we will commission the document and it will be sent to you electronically. There is no physical hard copy of the document, though you can print it for your use. For this reason, we cannot affix a physical Notary Seal to the document.
- Are drafting services available through the online service? Yes, we can draft most of the same documents that we draft at one of our walk-in locations. We routinely draft Letters of Invitation, basic Affidavits and Statutory Declarations, OSAP supporting letters, Single Status declarations, Declarations of Marital Status (or Common Law Status) and more. As with the in person service, we cannot provide legal advice, nor draft Wills or Powers of Attorney.
- How can I pay? We are happy to receive payment through e-transfer or online credit card payment. Please note that we do not accept cheques or cash for the online service. A receipt will be sent you by email upon completion of the document’s commissioning process.
Have any questions about the online service? Click here for more information: https://www.walkinnotary.ca/online-notary/
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to assisting you.